CITY OF GREENSBORO Contact: Michelle Gill-Moffat
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Phone: 336-373-4588
First Step Work and Career Readiness Program Begins November 2
GREENSBORO, NC (October 18, 2021) – The Greensboro Parks and Recreation Department, in partnership with NCWorks NextGen and the Greensboro Housing Authority, will host First Step, a five-week work and career readiness program for adults 18-24. The sessions will take place Tuesdays, 12-2 pm, November 2 to December 2 at the Xperience @ Caldcleugh, 1700 Orchard St. Space is limited and transportation assistance is available. Reserve your free spot now<www.eventbrite.com/e/first-step-job-support-group-tickets-182072944077>.
First Step is for young adults who are unemployed or underemployed and looking for motivation to get into the job market and envision a future career. In this unique program, professional and peer support will help you on a path to meaningful employment.
* November 2 – Getting support from peers about job frustrations and barriers to employment.
* November 9 – Envisioning short-term and long-term personal and professional goals.
* November 16 – Taking a career assessment to find realistic and attainable jobs.
* November 30 – Meeting professionals in your preferred field.
* December 2 – Resume writing and practicing interview skills.
# # #
Amanda Lehmert, Senior Communications Specialist (She/her/hers)
Communications and Marketing
City of Greensboro
PO Box 3136, Greensboro, NC 27402-3136
Facebook<www.facebook.com/cityofgreensboro/C:/Users/18246/Documents/Remote%20Assistance%20Logs> – Twitter<twitter.com/greensborocity?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5EauthorC:\Users\18246\Documents\Remote%20Assistance%20Logs>
Please note that email sent to and from this address is subject
to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.