CITY OF GREENSBORO Contact: Jake Keys
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Phone: 336-373-2105
City of Greensboro Announces MLK Jr Day Closings
GREENSBORO, NC (January 13, 2020) – City offices are closed on Monday, January 20 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. The following services and facilities will operate on a holiday schedule:
* No garbage, recycling, bulk trash, yard waste, or appliance collections take place on Monday, January 20. That day’s collections instead take place on Tuesday, January 21, and Tuesday’s collections take place on Wednesday, January 22.
* The White Street Landfill, Solid Waste Transfer Station, and the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center are all closed on Monday, January 20.
* The Greensboro Public Library system and the Greensboro History Museum are closed Monday, January 20.
* Greensboro Transit Authority (GTA) and HEAT will operate on a Saturday schedule with GTA providing hourly service from 6 am to 10 pm. Some stops on routes 4 and 13 will be affected by the MLK Jr. Day parade.
* City recreation centers, Lake Higgins, Smith Active Adult Center, Greensboro Youth Council, Adaptive and Inclusive Recreation, City Arts, Greensboro Cultural Center, Caldcleugh Multicultural Arts Center, Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion at Barber Park, and Parks & Recreation administrative offices will be closed on Monday, January 20. All city parks, gardens, trails, cemeteries, Gillespie Golf Course, Lake Brandt, Lake Townsend, and Greensboro Sportsplex will be open to the public. Regular operational hours for all programs and facilities will resume on Tuesday, January 21.
* Emergency service is available for water and sewer needs after normal business hours and on weekends. Water customers can call 336-373-2489 (CITY) to report water or sewer problems. After placing the call, please follow the prompts to connect to the Water Resources dispatcher.
# # #
[Census Outlook Signature Graphic]<www.greensboro-nc.gov/Census>
Please note that email sent to and from this address is subject
to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.