CITY OF GREENSBORO Contact: Jake Keys
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Phone: 336-373-2105
City Closes Offices / Facilities for Labor Day
GREENSBORO, NC (August 25, 2019) – City offices are closed on Monday, September 6 in observance of Labor Day. The following services and facilities will operate on a holiday schedule:
* No garbage, recycling, bulk trash, yard waste, or appliance collections take place on Monday, September 6. Monday’s collections take place Tuesday, September 7 and Tuesday’s collections take place Wednesday, September 8.
* The White Street Landfill and Solid Waste Transfer Station are closed on Monday, September 6.
* The Greensboro History Museum, all branches of the Greensboro Public Library system, and Greensboro Cultural Center are closed on Monday, September 6.
* On Monday, September 6, GTA, HEAT and Access GSO operate on a Saturday schedule, with GTA and Access GSO services ending at 10 pm. GTA will not offer service to GTCC’s Jamestown Campus. HEAT will not offer late night service. Regular service on all routes resumes Tuesday, September 7.
* Emergency service is available for water and sewer needs 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Water customers may call 336-373-2489 (CITY) to report water or sewer problems. After placing the call, please follow the prompts to connect to the Water Resources dispatcher.
* Community Recreation Centers, Lake Higgins, Greensboro Sportsplex, Smith and Trotter Active Adult Centers, Greensboro Youth Council, Adaptive and Inclusive Recreation, Xperience @ Caldcleugh, Barber Park Event Center, Simkins Indoor Sports Pavilion at Barber Park, and Parks and Recreation administrative offices are closed on Monday, September 6. All city parks, gardens, spraygrounds, trails, cemeteries, Gillespie Golf Course, Lindley pool, Lake Brandt, and Lake Townsend will be open to the public. Regular operational hours for all programs and facilities resume on Tuesday, September 7.
# # #
Jake Keys, (he/him/his)
Communications and Marketing Department
City of Greensboro
PO Box 3136, Greensboro, NC 27402-3136
Please note that email sent to and from this address is subject
to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.