Generator Use

Generator Use

GREENSBORO, NC (April 17, 2018) – The Greensboro Fire Department continues to respond to storm related incidents today from the Greensboro tornado which occurred on Sunday, April 15. Many of our residents are still without power and are using alternative heating and power sources. The Greensboro Fire Department would like to remind all residents using generators to keep the generator in an open-air environment and never place the unit under the home or inside of the home. Exhaust from these units will cause carbon monoxide, which is a colorless and odorless gas that can cause illness and death over prolonged exposure.

# # #

Dwayne Church, Assistant Chief
Planning Division
Greensboro Fire Department
1514 N. Church St.
Greensboro, NC 27405
Phone: (336) 574-4013 Cell: (336) 430-6009
dwayne.church@greensboro-nc.gov<mailto:dwayne.church@greensboro-nc.gov>

=======================================================
Please note that email sent to and from this address is subject
to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.