Crews investigate fire at Greensboro bar, arson suspected

Photo Gallery

View Gallery (3 images)

GREENSBORO, N.C. – Crews are investigating a second-alarm fire Friday morning at a business in Greensboro and authorities say there is reason to believe it was arson.

The incident was reported at the Brass Taps bar 2506 Battleground Ave. The Greensboro Fire Department tweeted about the fire at about 5:20 a.m.

Nobody was in the building at the time of the fire, according to the fire department. Smoke was visible from the building on Friday.

Thirty-seven fire personnel were on the scene of the fire, which was completely extinguished and under control by 6:30 a.m., according to the fire department.

All northbound lanes of Battleground Avenue at Oakcrest Avenue had been closed, but have since reopened.

Greensboro assistant chief says the fire is at the bar called Brass Taps. He says there is reason to believe it was arson. pic.twitter.com/944hjfWVJd

— Kelsey Fabian (@KelseyFabian) July 14, 2017

Greensboro FD says no one was in the building at the time. Crews are still working to put the fire out. pic.twitter.com/WB68wQGGlQ

— Kelsey Fabian (@KelseyFabian) July 14, 2017

Please enable Javascript to watch this video

Be the first to comment on "Crews investigate fire at Greensboro bar, arson suspected"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


Title
Caption
File name
Size
Alignment
Link to
  Open new windows
  Rel nofollow